Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Hello from the studio!

This canvas is calling me. Where it starts, is an emotion inside, then a picture comes to mind in my head, then my hands and painting tools take over and before you know it I am in love with a new creation.


Family of artists - Ed (my dad)

Did I ever tell you, I come from a family of artists? Create or go crazy. My dad was a great artist. He said he always argued with color. But I think that was because he tried to use orange as the main color in so many of his works.
His best works had only a touch of orange in them. 


My father was my inspiration for my palm frond art. He would gather these rotted half falling apart palm fronds and one day I saw it..his first one, the Elephant. It was perfection. 
He would later give it to me because
I was so in love with it. 


My dad's yard was an artist's dream, paints, tools, tons of left over nature and all right there waiting for you to create something, it was so hard to know where to start playing. I'll continue to tell you about my wonderful creative family throughout this blog.


Leave a comment below when you something you like!


For information and more art for sale at JustDahl.com

No comments: